The next careers event is scheduled for March 2017.
The last careers event was Friday 11th March 2016 focused on the field of science. Current Darwin College students met with Darwin alumni who have established careers in science outside of academia.
Alumni who attended:
- Dr Miles Congreve, Vice President of Chemistry at Heptares Therapeutics
- Dr Alex Gutteridge, Principal Scientist at Pfizer
- Dr Matthew King, Senior Scientist at Astrazeneca
- Dr Katja Kivinen, Research Centre Manager, University of Cambridge
- Dr Hui-Chung Liang, Research Scientist for Proteome Sciences Plc
- Dr Bojana Popovic, Senior Scientist at MedImmune
- Dr Meenal Pore, Research Scientist at IBM Research
- Dr Ross Rounsevell, Business Development Manager for the Sanger Institute
- Dr Andrew Thomas, Research Team Leader at Astrazeneca
*****Full biographies can be found in the attachment below.*****
Unfortunately Dr Sarah Greaves (as listed on the attachment) was unable to attend the event.
Dr Ross Rounsevell was a confirmed late addition to the event and his biography is not on the attachment, so is instead detailed here:
Ross has a BSc in biochemistry from the University of Bath and in 2005 was awarded a PhD in biophysics from Cambridge. After one year of postdoctoral research in Cambridge and nearly five years of postdoctoral research at the University of California at Berkeley, he became Technology Transfer Manager, and later Business Development Manager, at the Sanger Institute. His role there is to work with researchers to facilitate the translation of their research discoveries towards healthcare impact.